The ip address of my dlink AP D-Link DWL-2100AP

Hi,

I have 2 units of D-Link DWL-2100AP working as wifi bridge, both has a private
internal IP addresses = 192.168.1.241& 1.242.

One end of the D-Link DWL-2100AP is connected to a router working as the
gateway to the internet. The public internet address given by the ISP is dynamic,
not static. However, my router address can be reached using dynamic DNS =
cgss.servehttp.com.

So, in my case, how to add 2 units of D-Link DWL-2100AP in Tanaza for
monitoring?

Thank you.

Regards,
Marcus
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Marcus,

We'd be glad to assist you on this and we are very happy to inform you that we support D-Link DWL-2100 devices among many others.

Please refer to the help document on "How to add an access point (AP)" at-

http://help.tanaza.com/customer/porta...

Also, please refer to this video which explains about how to cloud manage and remotely monitor the multiple vendors APs-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmTkY1...

I hope this helps. Please let us know about any questions you have.

Thanks,
    Gaurav Jindal
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hello Marcus,

you can also refer to this video that shows how to add an AP in local area network.

https://vimeo.com/50447633
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi,

Finally, it is working or part of it. I guess.

First, let me express my feedback about how to set up 2 dlink dwl-2100APs to be managed using the Tanaza cloud AP service.

Overall, the experience has be quite daunting.
    For a non-IT person it could be a nightmare.
    Because the website does not explain very clearly
    how each of the components are linked:

1) Tanaza engine-cloud based AP monitoring service running on a remote
    server residing somewhere in the world.

2) Tanaza agent- must installed on a PC which is used to monitor the APs at 24/7
    operation. If you don't this idea, then you need to buy a compatible AP which can
    can be flashed with Tanaza agent firmware. Then, each "agent" living in the AP firmware to communicate with the Tanaza clouded base servers residing in overseas.

3) Compatiable 3rd party AP routers- only certain models of AP is supported, but
    mostly the Atheros chipsets based APs- if I am not mistaken, here!

================================================================
    Here is the requirement to get the whole thing working.
    The steps taken below are based a Windows based PC:

1) Must have Java Runtime installed on Window based PC, so that the "agent" can run Java.

2) You must use a laptop/PC to do the configuration on a local network (same subnet). That is you cannot remotely configure the set up coming from the Internet.
    You need to prepare a dedicated Windows PC(host) which it will host Tanaza agent software (or called hosting), when the "agent" is installed on the PC, it will contact the Tanaza engine (main server) on the latest AP updates.

3) If you are working with Win XP, the built-in firewall must be disabled first,
    or else, outgoing port: 8000 / 8001 is blocked- require for the "Agent"
    software to contact with Tanaza cloud service engine on the Internet.

4) So far, I have tested on FireFox web browser- not very stable, sometimes cannot
    finish downloading the "Agent" software. Sometimes, it will show that port 8000 /8001 is blocked even though, firewall is disabled. I tried on Google Chrome browser and the result was more consistent.

4) The synchronising took the longest period to complete, why? I don't know, may be my Internet ADSL connection was not fast enough.

Hopefully, the management can take a read of my feedback, and improve.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm